The Independent Hotel is committed to providing a website that can be accessed by all, including users with disabilities.
The Independent Hotel strives to maintain compliance with the World Wide Web’s Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) on our website, and:
- We have built our website using standard-compliant HTML and CSS
- We have ensured that the website content is structured in a logical manner using informative headings and labels where relevant, and are usable by customers who use assistive technology/screen readers
- We have provided consistent navigation across the website
- We have ensured that images have alternative texts and descriptive links
Please be aware that WCAG 2.0 AA Guidelines are evolving and our efforts to comply with these guidelines are ongoing. If you would like to report any accessibility issues, please contact us on email@example.com. We will make all reasonable efforts in order to update the page(s) and ensure their accessibility.
In addition, we offer rooms with accessibility features, which may be booked by calling (215) 772-1440.
The Independent Hotel On-Site Facilities
Parking: Parking is available at a nearby garage. Please see our Parking and Directions page for more details.
- The hotel is non-smoking
- Main entrance is wide enough for wheelchairs and 360 degree turns
- Elevator access is available to all floors
- There is an accessible washroom in the lobby which is located on the second floor of the building.
- Large doorways and ample space for wheelchair to easily move about
- Telephones are located next to the bed and reachable
- Showers have seats
- There are grab bars in the showers and next to the toilets
- Bathroom sinks are lowered with ability to fit a wheelchair underneath
- Light switches have braille labels
- Telephones are adaptable for persons with hearing disabilities
- Telephones have audible signals to indicate messages
- Visual, flashing fire alarms are equipped in accessible rooms in case of fire