Philadelphia is always giving us so much; it’s time to give back to Philadelphia. We have put together a list of 5 ways to give back to Philadelphia.
- This April, Philadelphia is hosting the 8th Annual Philly Spring Cleanup. What better way to give back to Philadelphia than to keep our city looking picture perfect. The clean-up is on Saturday April 11th from 9AM to 2PM. Last year, there was 970,940 pounds of trash removed from the streets of Philadelphia! Of that, 29,940 pounds of material was recycled.
- Number 2 on our list of 5 ways to give back to Philadelphia is by “Partying with a Purpose.” Grab a date or a best friend and head to the American Cross Red Ball presented by AmeriHealth Caritas and Independence Blue Cross. This fun, meaningful gala held at the Please Touch Museum at the Memorial Hall is a night filled with dancing, live entertainment, and raffles. The best part is all funds raised support the Red Cross House- Center for Disaster Recovery and local disaster relief.
- This next idea is really neat. Through Girls Rock Philadelphia, you can apply to volunteer at a summer camp. We think the Summer Rock Camp for ages 9-18 sounds really cool. Rock campers attend daily band practice and go to various workshops. This camp is running the first week of August.
- Giving back to children especially sick children is always rewarding and well spent time. Volunteering at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is definitely on our list of the 5 ways to give back to Philadelphia. Short on time? This might be the perfect volunteer opportunity for you. There doesn’t have to be a long term commitment. Volunteers can chose to only help once.
- Lastly, help the community out by becoming an English tutor. Apply to the Center for Literacy and help out someone improve their English skills and therefore their life.